Crowd-favourite lasagne gets a soupy makeover just in time for winter. Hearty food never tasted so good.
The ingredient of Lasagne soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1L (4 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 5 dried lasagne sheets
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley, plus whole leaves, extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, plus whole leaves, extra, to serve
- 55g (1/2 cup) grated mozzarella
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Lasagne soup
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the flour and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Add the pasta sauce and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Break up the lasagne sheets into roughly 6cm pieces and add to the soup. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Add the milk, parsley and basil and stir tou00a0combine. Season.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with mozzarella, parmesan and extra parsley and basil.
Nutritions of Lasagne soupfatContent: